> Ration Card Application Form
Ration Card Application Form
In India, Ration Card is not just a civil supplies distribution document, as the name suggests like that. It is the basic document giving one’s citizenship identity and one’s residential address for registration to various purposes.
Ration card also has classifications according to family income, for the distribution system restricts supply of a few items to low income group citizens. State Governments group individuals and families into three segments which are classified as Antyodaya families (AAY category), below poverty line family (BPL Category) and above poverty line family (APL Category). As one declares the family income, one is given the ration card which is distinguished by the color, such as yellow, pink and white.
BPL families in urban settings are given yellow color ration cards. Those living in slums of urban areas are considered very poor are issued Antyodaya cards. APL families in rural India receive saffron cards. All these cards bear the photograph of the head of the family. Besides these, for those who require Ration Cards just for their identification, such cards are also issued.
Apply For New Ration Card:
For one to obtain one’s ration card, the following procedure is to be followed:
- The prescribed application form is to be obtained from the nearest circle office.
- The ‘Form I’ which is assigned for Ration Cards is to be used.
- The form duly completed and three photographs duly attested by a Gazetted Officer must be submitted.
- Residential ownership proof for address alternatively NOC from the landlord in case of a tenant is to be submitted.
- Proof of Income is to be attached to the application form.
- A certificate is to be produced for declaring that the individual has no valid ration card is available to him.
- For issue of a new ration card a fee of 50 paise or 1 rupee is charged.
- To make additions in the Ration Card, the application must accompany a deletion form from the previous place for the existing card member and birth certificate for the new arrival has to be produced.
- Name deletions are done upon application and reason for deletion is properly supported by documents.
Instead of going to the circle office, one may choose to download the ration card application from the website: "http://india.gov.in/topics/food-public-distribution" alternatively the website: http://papumpare.nic.in/form/ration.htm and one should remember to download Form 1 for new applications.
Ration card is also obtainable under Tatkaal Scheme which gives provision to issue the Card within 2 days of the application on payment of a special fee of Rs 100.